One of the greatest things your house can offer is a warm welcome—figuratively and literally. In order to achieve this, though, you would need to have a reliable central heating system. While it seems like a pretty easy thing to do, like anything else, a central heating system comes with a price. Luckily, there are alternatives such as a pellet stove.
A pellet stove gets the job done by burning biomass products. Due to its efficiency as well as the environmental and economic benefits that it offers, this type of heating system is gaining more and more popularity not just in homes but also in industrial spaces.
But then again, even an invention as great as a pellet stove has its own drawbacks too—one of which is its limited storage container. This is where a pellet stove extension comes in. If you are looking for one, then you’ve come to the right place. In here, we’ll tell you all we know about one such remarkable pellet stove extension—the IGI 2200 Hopper Extension.
- Compatibility: Unsure if this pellet stove extension is the right fit for your pellet stove? Don’t worry; with its intelligent design, this extension is perfect for almost all popular makes and models of pellet stoves that can warm a 2200 square feet home. Among these pellet stoves include the Englander 25 PDV, Summers Heat 55HSP22, and more.
- Capacity: No one wants to have to refill a pellet stove storage over and over again. With this extension, you won’t have to do so as often. It can hold up to 36 kg of pellets, which provides you with approximately 63.5 kg in total.
- Quality Construction: For an extension to hold many pellets, it has to be made from only the best materials. The IGI 2200 Hopper Extension is made of a 20 gauge steel to ensure durability. In addition to that, it is also coated with a flat black finish to prevent it from rusting.
- Dimensions and Weight: Overall, this pellet stove extension measures 27 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 9 inches tall. While it can be quite bulky, it is a price most are willing to pay to make their homes warm for longer periods. The product weighs no more than 14 pounds when empty.
- Delivers more heat for longer periods
- Very convenient and hassle-free to use
- Keeps your room warm by up to 133% longer
- Requires a few basic tools to install
- Comes with an easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Can be up and running in just a few minutes
- Fits almost all of the most popular pellet stove models
- Installation of this hopper extension may void the warranty of your pellet stove
- Older pellet stove models may require longer installation time and a lot of handy work
- May not be compatible with other pellet stoves
Summary of Features
The IGI 2200 Hopper Extension is a unit that you install on your pellet stove to provide you with enough storage room to hold up to 3 ½ bags of pellets. As a return, you get to enjoy a warmer home for longer periods before having to refill. It is compatible with most 2200 sq. ft. pellet stoves.
With its strong build and effective finish, you can rest assured that this pellet stove extension will last for many years. If you ever you decide to buy one for yourself, the installation process is pretty easy too. You can set it up on your own with the help of basic tools and the instruction manual that it comes with.
The IGI 2200 Hopper Extension vs. Similar Products from Different Brands
As we have mentioned earlier, pellet stoves are becoming more and more popular. For this reason, there have been many brands that came up with their own version of the pellet stove extension. One such unit that is quite similar to the IGI 2200 Hopper Extension is the 56215 Hopper Extension from Louisiana Grills.
This unit is designed to sit on top of pellet stoves and hold up to 30 pounds of additional pellet. It comes in a black finish and fits almost all models of Country Smoker—old and new alike. This one measures 11.2 by 14 by 11 inches.
Yet another hopper extension that offers similar features as the IGI 2200 Hopper Extension is the Pelpro PPHE200 Hopper Extension. Like the one from IGI, this unit is pretty easy to install too. In fact, it would only take you a few minutes before you can have this up and running. This unit can provide you with an additional 200 pounds worth of pellets.
All of these hopper extensions are great in their own way and would definitely be beneficial in making your pellet stove a more reliable heating system. However, just like in any competition, there needs to be a winner.
If it is up to us, we would very much put our money in the IGI 2200 Hopper Extension. Why? For many reasons actually. However, the biggest deciding factor is the fact that it offers the most value for money.
For starters, it can hold up to 36 kg worth of additional pellets, which is enough to heat up a 2200 sq ft home for several hours. While the Pelpro PPHE200 Hopper Extension can store a lot more, there really is no need for that much pellet, if you ask us.
All in all, in the end, it all boils down to your preferences and your needs. If you own a huge house, then, by all means, go for a pellet stove extension that can hold the most pellets. However, for an average-size home, the IGI 2200 Hopper Extension would be the perfect unit. It comes in just the right size, price, and capacity to make your home a more inviting and welcoming place to be.
But then again, please be reminded that the use of hopper extensions, regardless of what brand it is from, might tamper with your pellet stove’s warranty. Hence, make sure that you contact the manufacturer before you install one on your pellet stove just to make sure.