The mere mention of grilling makes you picture juicy, tender meat branded with grill marks. The aroma makes your stomach growl. For many years, grilling meat has been among the favorite pastimes of friends and families all over the world. Who can blame them? After all, it is pretty simple to do.
Yet, humans crave being challenged once in a while. For this reason, we have evolved from simply grilling meat over a fire to smoking it. This method of cooking adds a richer and more intense flavor to the meat.
Back in the day, if you want your meat to achieve an authentic smokey flavor, then you would need to cook it in a smoker—another equipment that you would need to invest in aside from your grill. Then again, that was before. Today, we now have pellet smoker tubes.
This handy tool is used to turn your grill into a smoker. Basically, it’s an elongated tube made of steel, and by putting wood pellets inside and lighting it, it transforms your grill into a smoker. Interested yet? Well, lucky you, then. Here, we’ll review one such product—the GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube.
If you already own a grill, you don’t have to spend a fortune on getting one of those hybrid grills or a separate smoker so that you can smoke your meat too. All you need to get your hands onto is the GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube. Here are its key features:
- Intelligent Design: The GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube comes in a hexagonal design, which keeps it from rolling off of the grill. Unlike other smoker tubes that are circular in shape, this device sits perfectly safe and sound on top of your grill.
- Strong Build: For a pellet smoker tube to be considered good quality, it has to be able to withstand the harsh environments it would be put in. The GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube is made using stainless steel. This means that it can survive both the heat and cold.
- Weight and Overall Dimensions: If you are worried that this device would take up too much space on your grill, then stop worrying. Overall, it only measures about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, which means that it can fit inside all makes and models of grills. It only weighs 9.6 ounces too, making it extra portable.
- In the Package: For those who are after the most value for their money, then the GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube might very well be the deal you are looking for. Aside from the smoker tube itself, this also comes with an oil rub brush that is free of charge!
- Excellent money-saver
- Does not roll around the grilling grates
- Durable enough to be used for hot and cold smoking
- Can be used on any kind of grill or smoker
- Lightweight, easy to use, and extremely portable
- Can provide up to 5 hours’ worth of smoke
- Compatible with all kinds of wood pellets
- Comes in a box for proper storage
- A great gift option
- Only compatible with wood pellets and not chips
- Gets scratched easily
- Does not have an end cap to hold the pellets in
Summary of Features
Unlike most pellet smoker tube, the GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube has a hexagonal design that keeps it from sliding around the grill. It is designed with a two-inch opening where you insert the wood pellets, light it, and start smoking!
In addition to the easy-to-use, lightweight, and portable pellet smoker tube, every purchase also comes with a free oil rub brush for all your grilling needs. You can also rely on the company’s 60-day money-back guarantee.
The GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube vs. A Similar Product from a Different Brand
Smoking meat is a wildly admired method of cooking all over the world. For this reason, there are many companies that offer pellet smoker tubes in a wide range of designs, styles, and costs. One such product that is a bit similar to the GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube is the KampFit Pellet Smoker Tube.
Similar to the one from GrillAid, this unit also boasts a hexagonal design that keeps it from rolling off. It is also made from 100% stainless steel, which means that it does not bend, rust, or break easily. This also ensures that this pellet smoker tube will last for a long time.
The KampFit Pellet Smoker Tube can turn any type of grill—be it charcoal, gas, electric, or pellet—into a reliable smoker. It can be used for both hot and cold smoking, and it is pretty easy to clean too!
However, what sets it apart from the GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube is its size. This unit only measures 6 inches long, which is exactly half the size of its counterpart. For this reason, it can only provide around two to three hours’ worth of smoke.
So, which between the two do you think is the better pellet smoker tube? After taking into consideration every feature, pro, and con that both of these pellet smoker tubes offer, we have come to the conclusion that the GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube takes the cake. Why?
Well, one obvious reason is their difference in size. When it comes to smoking meat, it is very important that you cook it slowly. In this way, the flavors will seep deep within the meat, resulting in a mouth-watering and heart-warming piece of heaven.
In the end, it all boils down to your needs and preferences. If what you are after is a shorter pellet smoker tube that won’t take up too much space on your grill, then the KampFit Pellet Smoker Tube is a great choice. However, for the most value for money that would allow you to smoke for hours on end, go for the GrillAid Pellet Smoker Tube.
Whichever one you choose, cooking smoked meats really is all about your skills. These tools will only help you get started. In the end, it is your determination to take a bite off of that juicy, tender, and smokey meat that what will give you want to achieve.