Have you been looking for wood pellets for your smoker? Maybe you have already tried some and are unhappy with the results. In that case you may want to check out CookinPellets Perfect Mix as it’s one of the more popular wood pellet brands today. But is it as good as people say it is?
We have tried several wood pellets before and not all of them have lived up to the hype. In fact, some of them aren’t any good. To find out if the CookinPellets is as reliable as claimed, we decided to review it, and this is what we found out.
Features of the CookinPellets 40PM Perfect Mix Smoking Pellets
- CookinPellets 40PM Perfect Mix Smoking Pellets don’t have an unpleasant smell or any artificial chemicals that could have a negative effect on the smoky flavor.
- These wood pellets have a hickory base with a special blend of apple, hard maple and cherry.
- CookinPellets only uses the highest quality heart wood for the pellets, ensuring there is no bark. By using only the log’s center, you get maximum performance whenever you use these pellets.
- These pellets don’t produce as much as ash as your standard wood pellet. So even if you smoke a lot it’s not going to take forever to clean up.
- The pellets don’t contain any alder or other low quality filler materials that would undermine its quality.
- There are no oils or other artificial ingredients in the pellets that would compromise their performance. This is also one of the things that separates them from the rest of the other wood pellets.
- The pellets were developed with versatility in mind, allowing you to use them for either long smokes or short cooks.
- These wood pellets have 100% hickory, ensuring the best possible taste and flavor when you cook.
- The pellets are designed for long term use and can go up to 6 hours or more.
- There is an instant read thermometer included which displays temperatures in F and C.
These wood pellets really shine when grilling/smoking different types of food. For barbecue and other meats, you’re going to see how well they cook. As the temperature goes up, the smoke arises and the meat falls off. You can also use the wood pellets to lightly smoke so steak comes out right.
Apart from steaks you can also use this to prepare turkey and brisket. With this you’ll be able to get the juices flowing from meats with little effort. The mix is also of a higher quality than those used in other mixes. For long smokes like pulled pork and similar dishes, these pellets get the job done.
The pellets don’t produce a lot of ash so that’s another plus. If you have used wood pellets before you know how difficult it can be to remove ash. Well it’s a good thing there’s not a lot of ash so you can just focus on the cooking.
The amount of smoke you get is better compared to those on other wood pellets. You can tell the difference when it comes to the flavors, and that says a lot about its quality. The pellets also last a long time so it’s not like you’re going to go through each bag too quickly. And because they do not have an unpleasant smell, the wood pellets are more comfortable to use.
The wood pellets also come with an instant read thermometer so you’ll be able to check the temperature quickly. You can choose between C and F, and it also stores in memory the last one you measured. There is also a power saving option that shuts it down after 10 minutes.
The thermometer is also easy to operate. Just press the on button and it’s ready to go.
Bottom line: if you have used a lot of wood pellets and have not been satisfied with the results, then maybe it’s time you make the switch to CookinPellets. It may not look that different from others, but the quality is much higher. When you consider the fact that it isn’t as messy and easier to manage, then there’s no reason not to give this a try.
- Does not have filler material
- Works with all types of smokers and grills
- Doesn’t have any unpleasant odor
- Made only from the finest hardwoods
- May burn a bit too fast for some
There are a lot of wood pellets available, but CookinPellets has managed to raise itself above the rest by providing all the essential features you’d want in a wood pellet. Sure, they are not perfect, but when compared to other wood pellets, they are easier to use and are more versatile. They also last longer so they are more practical to use. Given these facts it’s easy to give CookinPellets our full recommendation.